Saturday, March 12, 2011

no estoy embarazada

That says I'm not pregnant.  I just thought it looked better in Spanish. I feel I made have made a misleading post yesterday when I mentioned "decisions."  I didn't mean to stir up a frenzy about me making major lifestyle changes.  I'm not. 

I'm just seriously toying with/looking into actually learning Spanish FINALLY.  It's quite the commitment but as I work for a Spanish company I figure it might be useful.  I've slowly started roping my Spanish-speaking friends and co-workers into helping me, so that's a start.  I'm just not ready to fly the declaration banner until I find and secure a private tutor.  I know that I need "special" attention as I'm a short attention span "special" learner.  Tengo dos años. (I'm two.) 

Also, speaking of creating more wrinkles in my brain, I'm also thinking of going back to school.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I need a masters degree.  I don't know why, but I need one.  Tengo dos años. I know I've said that already, but it explains all my actions.

So nothing exciting, just some learnings I'm trying to collect. 

Oh, and by the way - I did finally cut my hair.  Like...six weeks ago.  It was 8-9 inches shorter but still long enough that no one really noticed.  Just realized I'm a little surprised and kinda upset that no one noticed NINE INCHES OF MISSING HAIR.  No me gusta.

Anyway.  I just had a donut and now I'm over it.

11 comments:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I have two words for you: cola de caballo AND bollo. That's ponytail and bun in Spanish. That's how you've been wearing your hair the last two times I've seen you.

So I plead innocent for not noticing your haircut.

paige said...

Still. NINE INCHES. Bun I'll give you. Ponytail, though? You're slipping.

Dan said...

I understand your frustration.

Many years ago I shaved my beard off and it took a week for anyone to comment. I've now had my beard for 38 more years and wonder if anyone would notice now if it was gone.

Se habla espanol (well actually Mexican around here.)

Raven said...

Wow! Nine inches. I have a perverted comment I could make but I'll spare you. Apparently I am also Tengo dos anos.

In my defense, I haven't seen you either pre or post cut so that's my excuse.

If you go back to school, what would you study?

Jenners said...

I must admit that I was wondering about the wholenbaby thing...especially when you sort of kind of referred to ankle biters at one point

Anita Johnson said...

Wow, 9 inches? Your hair must have been super long. I can tell I'm getting old...I never even thought baby. You might want to google "One Semester of Spanish - Love Song". It's a crack up...a guy made up a love song video using only the words he learned in one semester of spanish. LOL!

Barry said...

I noticed and it looked and still looks beautiful :-)

Kim Humes said...

Cool that you're learning Spanish! I took it in University and I remember words here and there but not much else. My bf is fluent bc his mom speaks spanish primarily at home and I love when he speaks it. It just sounds so yummy lol. Good luck!

Serline said...

Go for it, never too late to learn a new language!

myorii said...

I need pictures....just to see how much of a difference it really is now that you cut your hair.

Now go create more wrinkles in your brain. Though having babies sounds like it would be interesting too but they tend to add wrinkles to your face more than to the brain :)

oscar alfredo castellanos garcia said...

excelente post como quedar embarazada

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails