Saturday, January 29, 2011

more of me not being an artist

A few days ago I shared some of my sketchbook photos in this post.  When I asked if you wanted to see a few more some of you said yes.  So here are a few more.  These are definitely not all of the pages but they represent a good cross section.

Remember that my theme began on the first few pages: "Tell me..."  "How do you feel today?"  The pages that followed provided possible answers.

I love sunflowers because they are unusual and bright.

I love coffee, too.  Damn you Starbucks!!

I don't know.  I really don't.

I love books, too. Books are to me like chocolate is to....everyone else.

Love dogs.  I know this is news to you.  Big secret I've been keeping.  BIG SECRET.

I love...teeth?  Whatever.

I especially love music.  Music is everything good in the world.

Eyeballs are easy to draw.

Egypt is such an interesting place.  Kinda glad I'm not there right now, though.

This is my little stick people flash mob.

My mom painted this.  She's not really a dark person - her personality is quite bright and cheery.  The coolest thing about this page is that I wrote on it with a pencil so when you look at it dead on you can't see the writing.  However, if you tilt it you can see the writing very well.  I'm easily amused.

I miss rotary phones.  They remind me of my Grams.

It's been ages since I saw anything in a theatre.  The last thing was actually Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet ballet.  It was nice. 
The last play I was in was Private Lives by Noel Coward.  I played Sybil.

This is the last page in the book. 


Because that's how I feel most days.

Which is your favorite?
.

10 comments:

Stef said...

I love it! That is such a great idea. I think I will have my kids have a sketch book for their summer vacation!

Tezzie said...

The sunflower! LOVE IT!! And the flash mob <3 The one your mom made is awesome, too...I like the 'invisible' writing :D And, you like dogs??!!! Wow...I didn't know that! ;D

H said...

I can't draw for toffee, so I'm really impressed!

You're up early! I'm off to see a friend in Yorkshire. (About to jump in the car!) What's your excuse?

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Of course I am drawn tot he one of the books.... LOL

I used to love to draw.

Anita Johnson said...

I think this is such a fun idea, I'm tempted to try it too. Funny thing is, sometimes I think the photos on my blog reflect the mood I am in too. When I'm sick of the cold weather and snow, I post pictures of my dogs!

Barry said...

Definitely the music page. It looks how music sounds as well as looking like music :-)

Jenners said...

It is so fun looking at your sketchbook. What a neat project! It looks like such an interesting book to page through. I hope you get it back when they are done with it.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I couldn't begin to tell you why, but my two favorites -- the two that struck a chord with me the most -- are the dalmatian and the flash mob. Love!

myorii said...

I love your sketchbook :) I think you have more of an artist in you than you think you do! It's too hard to choose a favorite....I love the one with the dog and the one with the teeth. Oh, I also like the flower and the one where your mom painted it all black. You are so creative with how you approached this project :)

jen said...

I agree with Jen, you're more of an artist than you can see. Very creative, and I think that was the idea, not Van Gogh, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails