Saturday, December 25, 2010

merry christmas (and card bloopers)

My friend and fellow blogger Kat wrote about sending Christmas cards on her blog this year.  I must say that I agree with her - it's such a nice feeling to share by sending and it's a joy to receive cards from family and friends around the world.  We don't have our pictures done professionally because part of the fun for us is the multi-hour photo shoot that inevitably ends with lots and lots of great bloopers.  We always try to include at least one silly photo-gone-wrong in the card, too. 

I thought I'd share a few of the bloopers on the blog this year.  They were not quite as hilarious as usual this time, especially considering that not only were the Bear and I involved but we had three furry babies to contend with including an old fat cat, a giant puppy and a little diva dog.  Fun times.  Needless to say, there were many trips back and forth to the tripod.

This is the front of the card.  We never really got a great photo of the whole clan so we decided to give our little guide dog star the front cover.

The quality of this photo isn't great, but you get the idea.
.
This is the best shot we got of all of us together.  It made the back cover.  Yeah.

I particularly like how the animals look thrilled here. Also, despite what the cat says,
I was not trying to strangle her for scratching me just before this was taken.  She's a liar.
.
At first, we thought it would be cute if Laura was wearing a Santa hat.  So the Bear went to work applying it.  Laura was really into it, as you can see here:

It's not enough that I have to poop on command - now you have to do this?  REALLY? Not amused.
.
The cat took this opportunity to try and destroy the camera with her deadly laser vision.  She was unsuccessful.  This did not please her.

One thing I can say for her, she really puts her whole body into it.
.
We abandoned the hat idea after we got the cover shot above because, well, Santa hat-related morale was pretty low.

Jessie: "Phoenix, it's your turn.  Put the hat on.  Do it NOW."
Phoenix: "Mommy, the cat's bossing me around again!"
Laura: "I just don't know where it all went wrong.  First they're telling me what a good dog I am, then they make me wear this.  I just don't get it."
.
This photo turned out okay...apart from someone having his eyes closed.  *AHEM*

And perhaps the incredibly stupid face I'm making.  But mostly the eyes closed thing.
At least the cat seems to be getting used the neck lock.
.
Then I felt it was my turn to ruin the group photo.  I think I did a pretty good job.

Perhaps just a little too much sexy for a holiday card. 
.
Since the Bear and I could never quite balance goofy with serious holiday card photography, we decided that maybe we'd try our hand at solo shots.  We decided to go for "jolly" and "gleeful holiday spirit."  MISTAKE.

"...AND I want a new dolly and a bike and a new pony....where are you going, Santa?"

"HI."
.
Then it just completely fell apart.

Laura: "Mommy, I have to pee."
Jessie: "Okay, little brown dog - I'm going to scratch her and when she drops you, go run for help.  On three..."
Phoenix: "Okay.  Wait...drops me?  SHE'S GONNA DROP ME??"

What's not to love about this shot?  The Bear's goofy grin, my obscured face,
Jessie's urgent need to escape, Laura's desperate need to lick Phoenix, Phoenix's disgust....
PERFECT PHOTO.
In fact, this is a spot on depiction of our family. 

Finally, the cat's agent called and said the union demanded that we release her, thus ending our photo shoot.
.
We hope you have a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season - filled with many bloopers.

.

13 comments:

Tezzie said...

You guys are walking a veeeerry thin line between fun and nutty ;) ...just my kind of people! Dear god, you're hilarious :D (and, I continue to be impressed with your cat posing at all with you and your doggies, never mind the attempts to destroy the camera with her well developed laser eyes!)

Merry Christmas and have the happiest of new years!!!

Jackie said...

That picture of you wearing the santa hat is absolutely stunning .What a great christmas pic !

I loved looking at all of your pets and it looked like a fun photo shoot .

I wish you all the best .

H said...

What's the old addage about never working with children or animals? After all, you were on a loser from round one, with a cat, two dogs and the Bear!

Aunt of 14 said...

That is too funny! :) The Bear has such beautiful eyes!

Mrs.Mayhem said...

Awesome! My stomach actually hurts from laughing so hard! Thanks!

Los said...

Pets always seem to add a wild-card to a Christmas picture ....

Kristen M. said...

Just catching up on reading posts everywhere! You're so cute and I love Bear's "Hi" picture! I hope you had a great holiday.

agrigirl said...

I actually find them all quite lovely. Happy New Year Paige. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

What fun! Paige, you have the prettiest smile! This series of pictures made me laugh.

myorii said...

Ha! I love the bloopers! You should have totally put them on your Christmas card, not that I have anything complaints about the one you sent us :) Maybe you should have put the bloopers on the back, kinda like a bonus :) Thanks for the wonderful Christmas card!

Jenners said...

This was such a fun post!! THanks ... I needed a good giggle.

Paige said...

So cute! I especially love the one with the pets looking at the hat.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Oh my goodness! Loved it! I had tears coming out of my eyes from trying to restrain the laughter that wanted to spew forth from my mouth! Had a few escape but luckily I was not questioned by my staff or bosses because I sure as heck would have had a hard time explaining my seemingly from nowhere laughter.

As you can probably tell, I am seriously behind on my reading and trying to catch up. I should have known to save your posts for a time when no one was around!

~ Tracy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails